Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)
The People’s Princess
Quote: “Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same to you.”
- Born on July 1, 1961, Princess Diana married the heir to the British throne, Prince Charles.
- Princess Diana and Prince Charles had two sons, William and Harry.
- Princess Diana took advantage of her title and served as a strong supporter of several charities that work with the homeless, people living with HIV and AIDS, and children in need.
- On August 31, 1997, Princess Diana passed away from injuries she sustained in a car crash in Paris.
- Princess Diana was known as the “People’s Princess” because of her global humanitarian efforts and popularity around the world.