Welcome to the HERdacity T-Shirt Design Contest!
Are you a designer who believes in supporting women’s confidence in their professional careers? If so, submit your design for a chance to win $100!
Our theme is “What Confidence Looks Like to You.”
Check out the Rules and Guidelines below!
- Your design should be inspired by the HERdacity mission: Inspiring confidence in women to achieve their professional goals. Your design should be representative of what confidence look like to you.
- Designs can be art, typography, photography, or any medium you feel conveys your design.
- The winning design will be awarded a $100 prize.
- The design will then be printed on a shirt and sold on the HERdacity website. Proceeds will support HERdacity and women in their careers.
- You may submit up to two designs, but they must be submitted as separate entries.
- Your design must be wholly original. By submitting a design, you are guaranteeing that you hold rights to everything in it, and that it does not contain any copyrighted material, including images/copy found on the internet, unless clearly marked as published under a creative commons (cc) license.
- Designs will be judged on the following criteria:
- Captures spirit and mission of HERdacity
- Striking and memorable design
- Visibility – eye-catching and visible from a reasonable distance
- Completeness of design – must be ready for print
- Feasibility/must be easy to reproduce
- Design submission should be saved to 300 dpi to produce a quality output. Acceptable files are high resolution JPGs, PNGs, AI and EPS files.
- If you win, you will be required to provide the original design in a high res format that is compatible with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, or another professional design program.
- HERdacity’s primary colors are Dusty Rose (#f08c90), Deep Red (#4f191a), and Teal (#57bfaf). Secondary colors include Gold (#efb848) and Dark Stone Grey (#4e5259). Not all colors have to be included in the design and other colors may be used but designs on brand will be highly considered.
- The design should be contained within a 3600 × 4800 px area.
- The color of the shirt will be white so this should be a consideration for the design.
Submission Guidelines and Agreement:
- All entries should be submitted here – HERdacity T-Shirt Design Contest Submission
- You must be 18 years or older to submit an entry. If you are under the age of 18 you may still create and submit a design, but it must be submitted on your behalf by a parent or guardian.
- HERdacity will have first printing rights to the winning design. By submitting you agree that if your design wins, it can be used by HERdacity on a t-shirt and other promotional items, including the HERdacity website and marketing and public relations materials. The winner and image of the design will be recognized in our e-newsletter and on social media.
- Contest begins on Monday, April 20, 2020.
- You must submit your design by midnight CT on Monday, May 4th, 2020.
- Entries will be voted on by the public from Monday, May 18 at 9am CT to Saturday, May 22 at midnight CT. The top 3 designs will then be voted on by HERdacity and the one winner will be announced on Friday, May 29.
Please note that HERdacity reserves the right to make adjustments to the winning design.
- At the sole discretion of HERdacity, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following:
- winner’s failure to respond to notification within seven (7) business days after its transmission;
- the return of an email notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts;
- winner’s failure to provide original design files;
- winner’s failure to execute and return a release form.
- Upon contacting a winner and determining that they have met all eligibility requirements of the contest, such individual will be declared the “winner” of the contest via social post and the e-newsletter.
- HERdacity staff members are not eligible to enter.
By submitting you are agreeing to all contest rules. If you have any questions, reach out to Jessica@herdacity.org.