Anne Frank (1929-1945)
Author of “Diary of a Young Girl”
Quote: “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.”
- Anne Frank was born June 12,1929 in Frankfurt, Germany. She was the youngest of two daughters.
- In 1933, Anne’s family moved to Amsterdam, with Anne to follow in 1934. She started school in 1935 and earned a reputation as an energetic and popular girl.
- In 1942, Margot Frank, Anne’s sister, received a letter ordering her to report to a working camp. Instead, the family went into hiding.
- Several families joined them in the coming weeks, and several of Otto Frank’s employees risked their lives to smuggle food, supplies, and news into the hidden apartment.
- Anne passed the time by chronicling her observations in her diary. After her death, Anne’s father took her writings and compiled them to be published.
- The Diary of Anne Frank is now a best-selling auto-biography and has sold tens of millions of copies worldwide.